Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another necessary item

I have discovered something else I believe will be stuffed in my pack on pretty much every future road trip - a clutch handle.
I made this discovery after a bad morning when I had to stop suddenly just as I was going to make a U-turn. My sudden stop was prompted by a car who had made a right turn onto the street where I was, and was on me so fast I had no choice but to stop quickly, with the wheel already turned to the left. I couldn't keep my bike upright (and felt like a complete moron), dropping it on the pavement.
The car who had caused me to drop the bike slowed down, I saw the brake lights, then kept on going. I was left with a sore knee and a broken clutch handle.
A good friend allowed me to borrow her car so I could drive home and grab he spare I had in my garage. It was a 2-minute repair job once I had the part, and it's a part I plan to always keep with me.

No comments: