Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cold days, colder nights

It was dark by the time I left work last night. And cold, near freezing.
But I was well bundled.

I had a scarf 'round my neck and tucked down my jacket, wore a lined cowl under my helmet, wore my thickest gloves, and did I mention the heated jacket I wore beneath my leather motorcycle jacket?
Instead of jeans, I wore waterproof, windproof overpants lined inside with warm quilt material. My boots were thick soled Doc Martins.
I likely looked like a black Michelin man.

The young woman was also bundled. She wore a tan, thigh length wool coat, a colorful scarf wrapped round her neck, stylish calf-high boots.

As I rode out of the parking lot, there she was. I should have stopped for her, but I was so covered in gear it felt like a strain. So she had to stop to let me ride out of the driveway.

At that hour, we were the only two people in that whole area.

I felt bad for a moment that I hadn't stopped to let her pass.

Miles later I wondered, what the hell was she doing there anyway?


No comments: