Saturday, May 23, 2009

One screw short!

Well, my carbs won't be going on my bike today and, with Monday a holiday, it looks like Tuesday will be the earliest I can install them.
Here's a look at the carbs, all together as one again!
You can't really tell from this photo, but I replaced all the phillip's head screws with shiny silver hex head screws. I figure they look better and will be a heckuva lot easier to remove if I ever work on my carbs again.
Each carb has an idle mixture adjustment screw, some people call it an air screw for short, though that's not quite accurate. Anyway, they were really tough to take out and I mangled pretty much all of them. I didn't know I'd need to replace them until about midway in my project and, at the time, I thought I'd only need a pair of them, which I ordered. Well, those arrived and, as it turns out, I need to replace at least one more.
I ordered another pair but they didn't arrive today (Saturday) which is why I'm angry with the USPS! But I'll get over it as soon as these little screws arrive, probably on Tuesday.
Here's a pic of my bike shortly before I rolled it into the garage for the carburetor job.
I can't wait to ride it again!
Ride safe.

No comments: